Lotions & Creams: Crafting customized emulsions
Learn more about our classes, and how to register.
Still have questions?
Class Fee: $85.00 + tax (due at time of registration)
Saturday, January 28, 2017 | 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Saturday, March 11, 2017 | 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Class Description: Learn how to make lotions and creams using natural ingredients. This course will introduce you to the methods of making emulsions, provide an overview of the various ingredients used to make them, and cover labeling requirements if you plan to sell your products.
• The differences between lotions and creams
• How to mix water and oils for a stable emulsion
• The necessity of using preservatives in water-based products
• How to create proper labeling
• Overview of oils and butters and how they affect the skin
• Overview of ingredients like humectants, emollients and thickeners
• How to scent and color your products
• Recipes to get you started
• Step-by-step instructions on making both lotion & cream using provided recipes
This is a demonstration style class, where you will be able to observe the instructor go through all the steps of creating a batch of lotion, and a batch of cream. Students will be able to choose the scent and color of the products they take home.
You'll leave the class with a tutorial with thorough information to make either lotions or creams on your own at home, and a 2 oz bottle of lotion and a 2 oz jar of cream that will be made during class.
Class Length: 3 hours
3818 S Edmunds St #103 Seattle, WA 98118 See map
(The Handmade Academy is located in the back of the Delores Apartment building through the alley entrance. You can enter the alley either on the west side from Rainier Ave South, or the east from 39th Ave S. Access from the front of the building is closed off, so be sure to use the alley to get to the studio entrance.)
Class registration will be completed on our Square Marketplace
The Handmade academy
email@example.com • 206-747-9503
© 2017 The Handmade Academy. All rights reserved.
No part of this website may be reproduced in any form without prior written permission.